Thursday, January 19, 2012

Google has awesome FREE educational apps?

Received another email from Google, my trusted buddy for the easiest and best research-searching.. :smile big-time:



They say (paraphrased) that they have some of the best apps for educational purposes available. I read things like that and get all jumping-for-joyish because I am always on the lookout for outstanding educational opportunities for my classes that they enjoy. I find it hard to believe that they offer computer science education with these apps (including ones that emphasize internet software learning), as well as science, math, vocabulary skills, Shakespeare, music, fine arts festivals and the solving of moral and ethical dilemmas for society. I especially find it hard to believe that these learning tools are free. You know what I mean...



I can understand the WHY of creating apps like these, but I am having a hard time tracking the HOW. Is Google so popular that they are making enough money to provide educational assistance of this quality and on this scale? Where the heck have I been?



I do use their backup, which truly is great. But what about these apps? Currently I am supplementing my materials with some videos from MIT. If my students could play games once in awhile to supplement my supplement, that would be great. Nothing short of, for sure. If Google has, indeed, created some kind of platform that is this revolutionary, they would be shifting a paradigm that has remained un-shiftable for a very long time. It would be, indeed, Miller...uh...Hat's-Off Time!



So - do you know anything about this and what has been your experience, if any with any of these apps? Or if you saw them and decided not to use them for whatever reason, can you explain why you made that decision?



If this turns out to be true, I do hereby promise that the next time my Google Chrome crashes or freezes, I will not refer to it as Google Rust!Google has awesome FREE educational apps?
Hi

These Educational and free apps you talk about are actually made from other sites that pay to Google to post on there Web App Store. Anyone can make these app And Chrome Themes. So since Google didn't make these, it dosen't mean these arent very good apps. I am fascinated by what kinds of apps you can find on here!



Not only are there some for Learning or education, but its just a huge app store with almost all of them free for any personal use of all kinds lol. I dont know if you heard about this but Google is selling something they call Chromebook, basiclly a Laptop that doesn't do anything but run and save everything on the Internet. As in If you wanted to make charts for a presentation, you would get this app under productivity. Google took all theese apps to a point where you can do anything under the internet and not bother with programs from Microsoft or Mac



Lol Im getting off topic. What I'm trying to say is the App Store is a HUGE thing. People use these app and nothing else to run thier jobs or just for fun. Yea its pretty awesome.

So for the Education and Game apps you can always search and read the reviews for anything kid friendly. These Apps aren AMAZING but for free they can be awesome if there like anything of the other apps I've used. I think they will and can help on any subjects for any ages, but they might not have much lasting time in the apps. As in you might be able to do things, but there definitively not a full whole running Software with 100s of things to do.



So in review, These apps are published by Google, yet made by other sites, usally safe sites for kids if there the ones who made the app. Its a way for Google and Chrome to expand the internet and all its possibillities. These Education apps may not be the best, but they can be great factors even if there not full on Softwares but can be light great games and a must get. You can even read the reviews on the apps themselves, and rate them. Google Really though this through to provide a better way to use the internet.



You can learn a bit more here: http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-US/鈥?/a>



Hoped that helped! %26lt;3
  • carolina skiff
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment