Thursday, January 19, 2012

Will regular programs work on a PC running XPpro OS?

I hope to be getting a new PC soon principally to use Autodesk's Maya 3D App which demands Windows XPpro or VistaBusiness. How is this gonna affect the other apps I have already? Like photoshop or some of my music stuff like Reason? or even just google chrome or VLCplayer. I don't think I have seen pro/business specific editions of any of this stuff but I know better than to assume when it comes to computers...Will regular programs work on a PC running XPpro OS?
In most cases, if it runs on the main OS, and not the variant, it should be fine. What I mean by this is that if it works on XP, it should work on XP Pro.



However, on Autodesk's website, they clearly state compatibility with these OS's;

* Microsoft庐 Windows Vista庐 Business operating system (SP1 or higher).

* Microsoft庐 Windows庐 XP Professional operating system (SP2 or higher).

* Apple庐 Mac OS庐 X 10.5.2 operating system or higher.



I do not know what this program does, therefore I can only assume that it requires components of the Pro editions of these OS's in order to function correctly. You should make sure that you get an OS that is compatible (as listed above). As for more common apps, such as Google Chrome, VLC and Photoshop - they will work on almost any variant of all the newest operating systems.



The bottom line is; you can try it, but if you don't have an OS as required on the vendor's website, there is no guarantee that it is going to work (and therefore I doubt that you would be able to get customer support help in order to get it working).Will regular programs work on a PC running XPpro OS?
you should have no problems, i have xp pro home edition, they will run just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment