Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to install flash on Google Chrome in Ubuntu...?

When I installed Chrome on my Unbuntu and tried to access youtube, the video says I need flash 10.1 to watch youtube videos. It provided a link to the adobe flash download but when I go to download flash, it says Chrome has a built in flash and it simply refuses to let me download flash in anyway. In the adobe website, it also tells me my flash may be disabled. I followed it's instructions on how to activate flash, but when I get to the page where the apps are displayed, flash is not even installed. I've got firefox too but the reason why I installed Ubuntu on my computer is for the speed. I have vista on another partition as a main system, Ubuntu is supposed to be a system where I can press the power button and be able to access the internet in less than 30 seconds. So does anyone know how to get flash for Chrome on Ubuntu. I know about the Ubuntu community forums but I want to ask on Y!/A too.How to install flash on Google Chrome in Ubuntu...?
Open system menu, then Administration, open synaptic. This is the package management program I use the most, even though the new Ubuntu has the Ubuntu Software Center. Use your user password to access it. The first thing that you will want to do is open edit and click on fix broken, then when that finishes click on apply. This will update the program and files available. Click on search and type in Ubuntu Restricted and install this because it installs files that Ubuntu can not install because they are proprietary software. This will install flash player and other files. In Google Chrome you may need to use the set up to enable it or it is an extension or add on that needs to be installed, but doing the other way, you shouldn't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment