Thursday, January 12, 2012

How do I find my Home Page for Google Chrome again?

My Chrome Home Page was all set up nicely with my theme and the apps from the store that took me forever to choose - there are a lot of them - and, of course, my frequently visited pages. I also had shortcuts there to places where I was working on projects or researching.



Everything was working great until after lunch today. I clicked on my desktop Chrome shortcut and it took me to a nearly blank page that listed only 3 of my frequently visited places with no thumbnails...and that was it. Lots of white space. No apps. No thumbnails. No theme. No help... I clicked on 'new tab' to see if that would do it, nothing. I hunted for a while and finally have given up searching.



When I checked options, I was still set on Chrome as my default everything..so that is not the problem. No one else uses my computer, it has been right here. It's a laptop, so it is easy to keep it with me - it is new, only a couple of months old, so no one had it before me either. It has been working perfectly fine. No one else was in the room with it and I left the room for about 10 minutes to get my soup and then I came right back to work some more. I also use opra, firefox mozilla, and explorer, etc depending on what I am doing and researching. However, I close completely out whenever I change browsers/SEs.



Ideas? Answers? Thank you!!!How do I find my Home Page for Google Chrome again?
This Happened to me multiple times as well all you must do is Uninstall google chrome fully, then install it again and it should be fixed, the cause of this is downloading files from the net. So make sure if your downloading files use Explorer, this also happens with Mozilla Firefox. And often when your installing files the files have some browser that comes with them, so when your installing it usually has a thing that says Make (browser) my default browser. Make sure you uncheck that one.
Hope this helped!How do I find my Home Page for Google Chrome again?
Go to option/Basics and under "Home page", make sure "Use the New Tab page" is not selected.
  • international trucks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment